Location: Boise, Idaho
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE! St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Nurse Apprentice to join our team. The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) assists in providing patient care in assigned areas.
We have full time, part time and flex positions open in various departments. You will have the opportunity during your interview to discuss units of interest.
Units in the Boise location: (Not all units will have openings at this time.)
- CSU- Clinical Support Unit
- Internal float pool travels to Nampa and Meridian in addition to Boise. Great opportunity to get a variety of skills in various departments. Needs to be flexible as the schedule is never the same.
- Med/Surg 9 - Neuro
Boise 9 East Neuro Med/Surg Unit is a 34 bed med/surg unit specializing in the care of patients with a range of neurological disorders including: ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke, spine surgery, cranial surgery, neurointervention, and other medical-neuro disorders. 9 East is an incredible multidisciplinary work environment, known for its teamwork and passion for patient care with a vast array of opportunities for professional growth and development. We are a Joint Commission Certified Spine Program of Excellence and Certified Primary Stroke Center of Excellence.
- Med/Surg 6 - General
6East offers a wide range of skillsets that will help you become a skilled clinician toward your career goals in medicine or working in a fast paced and fulfilling work environment with others who enjoy having a good time! Skills include: catheters, ostomy, drains, wound vac. Surgery types: Bariatric, Vascular, Urology, Colorectal, Acute care surgery, Plastics, Gynecology, Cystic fibrosis, and medical patients. Our team is collaborative, and eager to share our knowledge with others as we strive to provide excellent patient-centered care to all of our patients.
- Med/Surg 5 - Ortho
- Focus on Orthopedic Care. Specialize in total joint replacements but take variety of patients overall. Post-Op EENT, general med/surg. 3 beds are dedicated to epilepsy monitoring, only designated unit for that in the valley.
- Inpatient Rehab
- Post acute rehabilitation for orthopedic, stroke, spinal cord, and brain injuries, and medical deconditioning. Our patients stay on average 14 days with the goal of getting home. The Rehab Hospital consists of two separate "sister" units, Rehab and Skilled Nursing and staff float back and forth between them occasionally. Due to the nature of Rehab, the care here is highly coordinated interdisciplinary care. Patients require daily Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy and/or Recreational Therapy along with 24 hour nursing care to reach their discharge goals. The emphasis is on a return to functionality and promoting the highest level of self sufficiency.
- Telemetry 3/7
- Telemetry is a great unit for CNA's to hone in on their skills and build a foundation that sets them up for success for their nursing career. Tele 3/7 includes both Telemetry Units, 3 Tele and 7 East. The patient population is dynamic, 3 Tele, a Cardiac Telemetry Population, provides care to patients with Primary Cardiac Diagnosis and procedures. 7 East, a Medical Telemetry Population, provides care to patients with acute and chronic complex medical diagnosis that may or may not require telemetry monitoring.
- Med/Surg 4 - Oncology
Every phase of the cancer continuum, from diagnosis and treatment to palliative/symptom management and comfort care. post-surgical patients, patients receiving chemotherapy and some medical-surgical overflow. Those interested in an ICU-type experience will be able to care for patients who are critically ill and need close monitoring/intervention.
- The St. Luke's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit serves infants and children through age 17 and is the most remote PICU in the country. Our pediatric population has a wide range of diagnoses that may include respiratory issues, traumatic injuries; pediatric surgeries, neurological, endocrine, sepsis, gastrointestinal, renal, cardiac, and seizure disorders. We also provide sedations and procedures for children who are outpatient with a family centered care approach.
- The 39-bed Pediatric unit, a part of St. Luke's Children's Hospital, has a family centered care focus integrated with relationship based care. Pediatrics cares for children from infant up to age 18 with a wide variety of illnesses, diseases, and surgical procedures. The only children's hospital in Idaho.
- The NICU is one of the larger units in the hospital; serving infants (and their families) requiring medical or surgical care immediately after birth. Infants' medical conditions vary from extremely premature to ones having difficulty transitioning to extra-uterine life. We are a level 3 NICU: treating infants requiring gastrointestinal, neurological, and musculoskeletal surgeries or treatments. We care for all types of NICU patients excluding ECMO and complex cardiac surgery. We are a transport referral site and receive patients from all over the region. We are a delivering hospital and attend all high risk deliveries. The NICU provides 24/7 Neonatology coverage with an in house neonatologist and nurse practitioner.
- PreOp CNA's bring patients into PreOp to prepare for surgery. They obtain vital signs, lab work, perform EKG's, assist patient's with changing and toileting, clean patient rooms, moving stretchers, etc. It is a fast paced area with lots of movement.
- Post-Operative Care
- The Boise Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) is a 31 bed department that cares for children and adults, both inpatient and outpatient, who are recovering from anesthesia. The patient population they see ranges from babies to older adults, with a wide range of health histories. PACU is considered a critical care unit, and clinical staff have many opportunities to develop professionally in a team-oriented culture.
- Critically ill adult patients-a mix of medical and surgical patients including, septic, intubated, cardiac arrest, balloon pump, renal failure, DKA, overdose, etc.
- Labor and Delivery
- This position is a dual role. You may be scheduled on the LD unit as working at the Triage desk taking back patients, making charts for admissions, helping with room turnovers, etc. Or you may be scheduled as a CNA on Antepartum providing care to patients and performing skills such as vital signs, blood glucose checks, etc
- Mother Baby Unit
- This unit cares for mothers/babies during the postpartum period. This is a fast paced unit due to the multiple admissions/discharges and short length of stay. Love of teaching is an essential component of staff working on this unit.
- Sign on Bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision - Start the 1st of the month following your start date
- Retirement plans (403b) - No vesting period!
- Paid time off (Vacation, holidays and short term disability)
- Long term disability
- Life insurance
- Air St. Luke's
- Healthy U wellness plan
- Tuition/Certification Reimbursement & Scholarships
- Adoption Reimbursement
- and many more....
- Performs various patient care activities and related nonprofessional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients.
- Documents information in patient record.
- Performs various direct patient care activities under direction of licensed patient care provider.
- Communicates information with patient care providers and other nursing staff members to facilitate patient care.
- Assists physicians and other nursing staff members with procedures as appropriate.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Current CNA Certification in the State of Practice
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS Provider certification
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.