Lead Sterile Processing Tech Full Time Days Zephyrhills
Location: Zephyrhills, Florida
Internal Number: 21031490
Lead Sterile Processing Tech AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Location Address:7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Possible Sign-On up to $5,000.
FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
Full Time Days 40 Hours Per Week. 30 Minute Call Required to include rotating weekends and holidays.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assesses adherence to principles of asepsis through inspection of materials and techniques utilized by technicians in performing job duties.
· Accountable for staff training, orientation and education to ensure staff are provided consistent information and training in order to full fill their job duties and follow government regulations, AAMI standards and Policy to ensure patient safety.
· Observes and oversees all aspects of reprocessing surgical trays to ensure all processes comply with government regulations and AAMI standards.
· Contributes to department cleanliness, organization, productivity and safety by keeping all instruments and supplies are kept in designated location.
· Utilizes computer program to track instruments if applicable, document effective time management/productivity and Q.A. data for department records.
· Monitors surgical case schedule and assures adequate staffing and instrumentation is available to meet daily customer needs.
· Serves as a resource expert and mentor for less experienced Sterile Processing staff.
· Assesses the department’s activities and the performance of technicians and provides direction as required/needed.
· Maintains accurate records and submits required reports.
· Performs and monitors specific quality improvement audits, standards and tests.
· Monitors Instructions for Use (IFU) on all instruments and equipment in SPD.
· Assembles instrument trays and equipment in accordance with established department procedures.
· Assists in selection and requisitioning of supplies, instruments, and equipment by participating in research, in an effort to provide the most suitable material available as directed by Corporate Compliance.
· Cleans instruments and equipment in accordance with established procedures.
· Delegates responsibilities with fairness and equality.
· Demonstrates and understands principles of infection control.
· Demonstrates commitment to the philosophy and goals of the organization.
· Demonstrates understanding of safety policies and procedures.
· Directs collection, receiving, processing, storing and distribution of equipment and instruments required by all departments.
· Inspects and maintains instruments and equipment.
· Interacts with units needing Sterile Processing services.
· Maintains adequate work flow and assists in preparation of schedule with OR Manager/Charge Nurse.
· Maintains sterilization records.
· Operates and monitors V-Pro Max, Steam Sterilizers, Washer Machines, Heat Sealers, Instruments for trays, and department computer.
· Assists in problem solving as required/needed.
· Maintains a safe physical environment.
· Responsible for personal professional development.
· Tests the Steam, V-Pro and Steris sterilizers in accordance with established policies and procedures.
· Works effectively with others.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Monitors workload to ensure that all trays are processed to accommodate schedule. Performs quality assurance tests on sterilizers, interprets test results for 100% compliance and takes indicated actions. Maintains test records as required by JC.
· Informs manager of instrument needs. Acts as customer service support to locate misplaced items or resolve instrumentation discrepancies.
· Ensures adequate instrumentation maintained for patient care. Ensures the maintenance of adequate production supplies. Communicates addition of new or replacement instruments to coworkers.
· Rotates through all work positions to maintain knowledge and technical abilities.
· Demonstrates respect for coworkers and develops positive working relationships with other departments. Complies with organizational policies. Maintains a professional appearance and adheres to Hospital dress standards.
· Assists in interviewing applicants. Acts as a preceptor for orientation. Provides feedback to employees and manager for performance improvement. Supervises daily performance of employees.
· Utilizes computer system to order production supplies. Reviews incomplete instrument sets daily to order or find missing items. Maintains adequate supply inventory.
· Flexes staffing in response to surgical volume.
· Utilizes consistent documentation in tray preparation. Identifies and corrects documentation by coworkers that may affect customer use.
· Serves as a role model for a clean and uncluttered environment. Reports equipment concerns promptly and encourages coworkers to do the same.
· Serves as a role model that follows through on assignments. Is observed teaching coworkers about processing methods for unfamiliar trays. Supervises the receipt and communication of new instrumentation or items to staff.
· Completes mandatory education. Maintains annual education. Demonstrates knowledge through orientation and in-service planning.
· Identifies staff learning needs through supervision of activities. Plans and delivers information to promote staff education.
· On-going completion of educational requirements to maintain CRCST certification.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Knowledge of all Central Sterile equipment and supplies.
· Knowledge of all instrumentation and processing procedures.
· Able to articulate the IAHCSMM (International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materials Management) Standards and Guidelines.
· Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
· Knowledge of basic computer skills and inventory control.
· Ability to follow and communicate written or verbal instructions accurately.
· Capable of lifting 35 lbs. independently.
· Prolonged standing.
· Interpersonal skills.
· Critical thinking skills.
· Leadership skills.
· Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
· Strong background in all areas of Central Supply.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
o Ability to communicate information accurately and timely.
o Ability to effectively train new staff in department job responsibilities and protocols.
o Ability to maintain appropriate inventory management.
o Serves as primary point of contact for OR for instrument issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School diploma or equivalent upon hire
· Successful completion of an approved central service technician course or competency certification through national organization (IAHCSMM or NICHSPDP/CBSPD) upon hire
· Three (3) years’ experience as Central Sterile Processing Technician upon hire
· One to two years’ experience in processing and sterilization upon hire
· One year in a lead or supervisory capacity or equivalent experience upon hire
· Current Certified Surgical Tech would be considered based on SPD experience and knowledge.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Previous management skills preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certificate upon hire or
· Certified Surgical Tech with 3 years SPD experience and knowledge.
· Daily Operations of SPD unit
· Staff assignments
· Daily management of SPD Instrumentation needs.
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities.
The Lead Tech in Sterile Processing is responsible for organizing, prioritizing, and monitoring the daily workflow and activities of the SPD/Central Sterile Supply areas. Included in this responsibility is the accountability for quality control, instrument maintenance and following and adhering to all accrediting bodies standards which include federal, state and local regulations pertaining to accreditation and documentation required for compliance. The Lead Tech will monitor and coordinate with the Manager to maintain supplies, monitor sterilization needs and, instrumentation patterns on a daily basis.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.