Location Address:7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
Full Time Days 40 hours per week. Call is required.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Recieves and process contaminated equipment, trays, instruments and carts from appropriate area
· Inspects all instruments for cleanliness and condition, removing defective items.
· Assembles and/or restocks all trays, kits and packs pursuant to department policy and procedures and priority level, verifying that they have been properly wrapped and labeled.
· Operates sterilizers, washers and other processing equipment in accordance with department policy, maintaining accurate and detailed sterilization records.
· Demonstrates knowledge of medical and product terminology as well as the location of trays, instruments, supplies and equipment to expedite service.
· Resterilizes/replaces all dated items prior to or on outdate, having a complete knowledge of sterilization methods, requirements and responsibilities.
· Has knowledge of and observes all infection control policy and procedures at all times.
· Complies with department safety policies, procedures and protocol.
· Responsible to help ensure that the safety and physical well-being of patients, family members, visitors and co-workers are maintained.
· Delivers items processed by Sterile Processing and puts away supplies as needed.
· Works closely with the personnel in the Surgical Services Department, and other Hospital departments in a cooperative effort.
· Demonstrates good customer relations and good telephone etiquette, responsive to physicians/staff/departmental and patient needs.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Cleans and sterilizes all surgical instruments according to the standard AAMI processing guidelines.
· Makes decisions reflecting knowledge of facts and good judgment within the scope of practice, reflecting knowledge of instruments and/or trays to be pulled for the procedure.
· Uses computer to access OR schedule information and print preference cards.
· Can differentiate how each instrument is properly decontaminated.
· Correctly operates all equipment: i.e. Cart washer, Automatic instrument washers and Ultrasonic instrument cleaner, sterilizers etc.
· Maintains high level disinfectant solution for CVOR TEE probe.
· Assists with routine monthly of all equipment as directed.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Basic computer and keyboarding skills.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Completion of High School/GED
· Graduate of Surgical Technology or sterile processing school/course or equivalent training
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Minimum of 1-2 years’ work experience in the surgical setting is preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current certification for SPD within one year of employment; and or CST certification.
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
· See Attached
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities
The Certified Sterile Processing Technician (SPT) are accountable for performing routine sterile processing tasks, such as but not limited to: disassembles, cleans, assembles, sterilizes, and stores procedure trays, instruments, equipment and supplies according to prescribed procedures and aseptic technique under direct supervision of clinical charge.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.