You have a place in the health care industry. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
Become a part of Academic Medicine in the only Level 1 Trauma Center in Southern Arizona! Our Operating Room (OR) has 22 suites where we provide services for a wide range of adult and pediatric patients including Cardiovascular, Transplants, Neurosurgery, Robotics, Orthopedics, and Urology with a knowledgeable group of around 150 staff. We also work with Plastics, Spines, OB/GYN, dental, ENT, Eyes, and Oncologic procedures.We bring even more innovative technology to our organization, our Surgery Team brought in the new da Vinci Si and Xi Surgical Systems!
This position is full time , 40 hour/ week day shift of 11am-7:30pm with some weekends. Enjoy a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential and an 18%-night shift differential when applicable.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located onthe campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. Our nurses' innovative, safe and thoughtful care has been recognized with Magnet(tm) designation fromthe American Nurses Credentialing Center. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for facilitating patient safety by assuring safe functioning of Operating Room equipment and by maintaining and overseeing the perioperative equipment management program for the Operating room. Oversees the safe keeping of all surgical equipment. Initiates the coordination of equipment evaluations and staff education as it pertains to new and existing equipment.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs timely troubleshooting and minor repairs or facilitates major repair with designated vendors of all equipment within the department, as well as coordinating timely maintenance of the physical facility with Plant Services.
2. Serves as first line resource to physicians and staff for equipment troubleshooting in all department specialties, general, ortho, ENT, neuro, peds, robotics, etc.
3. Functions as part of the OR patient care team in running the cell saver, laser, image guided equipment, video and microscope (balancing, exchanging lenses). Possesses an in-depth knowledge of specialized equipment through certifications.
4. Maintains appropriate documentation and databases for equipment repairs. Communicates to management, including physicians and staff members, as to the status of the equipment within department on a weekly basis.
5. Performs safety checks on all equipment prior to patient use. Assures proper electrical load distribution when multiple pieces of equipment are utilized for a surgical procedure in order to ensure safe patient care.
6. Proactively determines continuing education needs related to new equipment or procedures for all department staff and assists the nursing educator in meeting these educational needs.
7. Oversees the safe keeping of all surgical equipment to ensure physical security against loss.
8. Facilitates efficient OR room turnover by anticipating equipment needs. Communicates to management, including physicians and staff members, as to the status of the equipment within department on a weekly basis.
9. Position has facility responsibility only. Internal customers are other staff, physicians, patients, visitors, vendors, other facilities and external medical facilities. Requires equipment specific certification for proper operation of various pieces of equipment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires a minimum of 1 year of perioperative services, biomedical, or comparable experience, which includes knowledge of related equipment and supplies and operating room protocol. Effective organizational, communication and human relations skills are necessary as the incumbent will be coordinating several projects simultaneously and working closely with department managers and all levels of staff and subordinates. Requires strong communications skills; time management, human relations and organizational skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R12692
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.