The LifeWorks Schools are licensed specialty therapeutic day schools for students in middle and high school effected by social, emotional, or behavioral health challenges. LifeWorks comprehensive educational curriculum is individualized and designed to actively engage each student throughout the day to achieve positive, pro-social behavioral and educational outcomes. Our unique balance of academic rigor and a continuum of evidence based educational/therapeutic supports make LifeWorks the regional provider of choice.
LifeWorks School in Doylestown, PA is currently looking for an Instructional Assistant for the remainder of the 2018-19 academic school year.
The Personal Care Assistant is assigned specifically to a student or group of Students who regularly need one on one assistance to maintain appropriate and equitable participation in the school setting. The PCA directly supports the students at the direction of the teacher and is under the general supervision of the program supervisor of special education.
1. Help prepare, collect and set-up materials for student participation, following
2. Provide instructional, behavioral, or physical assistance to students individually or
in small groups at the direction of the teacher to reinforce and follow up
3. Guide independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work set up and
assigned by the teacher. Check notebooks, correct papers, supervise testing and
make-up work, as assigned by the teacher.
4. Assist with such large group activities as drill work, reading aloud, and story
5. Maintain daily activity logs for your assigned student(s).
6. Alert regular teacher to any problem or special information about your individual
7. Serve as the chief source of information for your assigned students to help to
any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular teacher.
8. Maintain the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information
about students as is expected of fully licensed teachers.
9. Operate and or assist in the use of student mobility devices such as, but not
limited to, walker, wheelchair, braces, canes, etc.
10. Implement and maintain student specific behavior, medical, emergency, or crisis
11. Assist in the maintenance of classroom discipline in accordance with established
policy and procedures.
12. Adapt to the student's mode of communication as necessary for instructional
13. Assist students in self-care as assigned by teacher.
14. Assist in the implementation of therapy programs developed by speech and
language pathologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, and other
15. Participate in staff development training programs as assigned.
16. Perform other duties that may be assigned by Special Education Teacher (i.e.
conduct informal observation of student in mainstream classroom, etc.).