Providence is calling a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN/LPN) ( Full Time / Day Shift ) to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in San Pedro, CA.
Click for virtual
tour of SACC at https://youtu.be/OtNfQ_ZTBz8
The Sub Acute Care
Center is a 125 bed licensed facility accredited by the Department of Health
Services. It is one of the largest facilities in California providing
care to ventilator and tracheostomy patients. Our goal is to create an
environment which will minimize further disease progress, aid in preserving
stability of the patient, and return to the highest level of function or
In this position you will:
- Implement delegated patient care functions under the direction of the Professional Registered Nurse.
- Respond appropriately to patients and families with knowledge of age-specific needs based on scope of service of unit/department where assigned.
- Perform these functions according to established hospital standards of nursing care, standards of nursing practice and within the Vocational Nurse Practice act.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California Licensed Vocational Nurse ( LVN ) license.
- Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers sponsored by the American Heart Association.
- Current Intravenous Therapy (IV) and Blood Withdrawl Certification approved by the Licensed Vocational Nursing Board.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Prefer recent, hospital direct patient care experience on an acute, sub-acute unit or skilled nursing facility.
- Experience with ventilator and tracheostomy care is strongly preferred.
- Prefer at least one year of acute care institutional experience.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 259-bed nonprofit hospital that has served the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. Our Medical Center offers a comprehensive array of medical and surgical services each distinguished by innovation, quality and excellence in its respective area. We received the CHART "Certificate of Excellence" for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART. We ranked in the top 21 among more than 240 hospitals throughout the state compared by California Healthcare Foundation, and were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: LPN / LVN
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 150736