Quality Care Our Heroes DeserveNow is the time to take your career to the next level and become part of the high-caliber talent that is VA. Experience what 300,000 current VA employees already have state-of-the art practice settings, access to the latest technology, a multi-disciplinary team environment and the opportunity to provide the men and women who have bravely served this country with the finest patient care, benefits and customer satisfaction. And with VA Patient Satisfaction Scores leading the healthcare industry, youll be joining one of the most respected facilities in the Nation.
With a reputation for excellence, innovation and extraordinary care of our Nation's heroes, VA Puget Sound strives to lead the nation in terms of quality, efficiency and public service through its proven record of innovation and extraordinary care of Veterans. As the primary referral site for VA's northwest region, VA Puget Sound provides care for Veteran populations encompassing Alaska, Montana, Idaho and Oregon. Since 1923, VA Puget Sound Health Care System has distinguished itself as a leader in teaching, research and patient care while earning prestigious recognition as part of the largest health care network in the country. We consider it our privilege to serve the health care needs of more than 80,000 Veterans living in the Pacific Northwest. VA Puget Sound serves Veterans from a five-state area in the Pacific Northwest. We have two main divisions: American Lake and Seattle. In addition to our main medical centers we offer services to our patients in seven community-based outpatient clinics in Bellevue, Bremerton, Federal Way, Mount Vernon, North Seattle, South Sound and Port Angeles.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
***Recruitment/Relocation incentives are not authorized for this position***
*** All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA***
Full time VA Nurses earn 8 hours of annual leave and 4 hours of sick leave every pay period. There are 10 paid Federal holidays. VA Puget Sound offers free onsite parking for employees or take advantage of generous transit benefits.
This job opportunity is open until filled. Please apply early for best consideration.
The Infection Control Nurse is a professional registered nurse who is accountable for the multiple facets of the VAPSHCS Infection Control Program. The Infection control Nurse utilizes effective prevention and control activities that are specific to the practice setting, the population served, and the continuum of care. The infection Control Nurse:
- integrates surveillance findings into the organization's plan for improvement of practice and patient outcomes
- reviews, analyzes, and applies existing regulations, standards, and/or guidelines of applicable professional organizations and government agencies
- recommends new or revised practices or procedures based on currently accepted, evidence based infection prevention and control strategies
- reviews, analyzes and applies pertinent information from current scientific literature and publications
- integrates relevant public health issues into practice
- identifies populations who are at high risk for infection, utilizing the principles of human growth and development to assess patient's requirements relative to age-specific needs
- applies epidemiological principles and statistical methods, including risk stratification, to identify target populations, analyze trends and risk factors, and design and evaluate prevention and control strategies
- conducts investigations by using epidemiological principles
- uses appropriate statistical techniques to describe that data, calculate rates and critically evaluate significance of findings
- uses a systematic approach to surveillance to monitor the effectiveness of prevention and control strategies that are consistent with the organization's goals and objectives
- develops a surveillance plan based on the populations served, services provided and previous surveillance data if available
- ensures surveillance design is consistent with selected internal and external comparative data bases
- selects indicators based on the projected use of the data
- uses standardized definitions for the identification and classification of events, indicators, or outcomes
- analyzes surveillance data utilizing internal and external benchmarks
- reports epidemiological significant findings to the appropriate customer
- periodically evaluates the effectiveness of the surveillance plan an d modifies as necessary
- systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of the infection control program appropriate to the practice setting
- develops and annually reviews a program plan with measurable objectives
- determines appropriate resources needed to accomplish the proposed plan
- communicates any resource variance to administration and modifies program plan if needed
- periodically evaluates the effectiveness of the infection control program
Work Schedule: days, 0730-1600
Functional Statement Title: Infection Control RN
Bring your expertise to VA and be valued as part of a team that is recognized and respected for significant contributions to medicine. Youâ??ll enjoy a patient-focused environment, terrific benefits and incentives, and the ability to practice at any VA facility in the country.
Equal Opportunity Employer